Welcome to Tiny Tanks!
Tiny Tanks is a multiplayer game, for up to eight players at once. Fight in arenas made of pencils and pens, and destroy your opponents before they kill you!
Battle your friends or anyone from anywhere in the world in last man standing or team based matches. Tiny Tanks is a game of strategy as well as raw skill, make clever shots by bouncing your bullets off objects to hit your enemies from behind cover!
Get kills and win games to level up and earn coins to buy upgraded tank parts! Create your own unique tank from the parts you have unlocked and give yourself an edge over your friends.
Use the in-game level editor to easily create your own arenas, and then go to war on them! Play on hundreds of custom arenas created by the community, and upload your own for others to play on.
Practice your skills offline by playing through the single player campaign, or set up a game against up to seven computer controlled AI bots. Bots can even fight on your own custom arenas!
Tiny Tanks is being constantly updated with new features and improvements, so check back often! And most of all - have fun!
Tiny Tanks Developer
Players online: 707
Maps created: 210042
Accounts made: 1642263
1) troy89 [801 kills]
2) Rage Fury [672 kills]
3) 5 [601 kills]
4) Calebenoch [586 kills]
5) Jenna77 [556 kills]
6) HinglMicKringlBerry [513 kills]
7) BIDDLE33 [492 kills]
8) JiggIypuff [483 kills]
9) djina [461 kills]
10) JoyLL [455 kills]
Working on a fix for the crashingThe latest update to Flash Player has created a bug which causes the game to crash after exiting a match. Nice one Adobe! I'm working on finding a fix.
New game settings and balance adjustmentThere are now 3 new settings, which can be applied to any or all tank colors. 1) Not being able to shoot, 2) Juggernaut, which makes your tank bigger, with more health and ammo, and 3) Drift, which makes tanks faster, less sideways friction, and they can pass through other tanks. Also the safety barrel is now the default barrel, and new accounts will start with it unlocked. There have been some small changes to some of the tank parts, to encourage them to be used more. The Humma weight has been reduced from +45% to +40%. The Shield power up only shields for 2.5s, down from 3.0s. Autoloader reload time is slower, from 35% faster to 25% faster, and the Nanotube fires bullets 5% slower, instead of 15% slower.
Quick play, bug fixes, lag improvedYou can now quickly get put into a game automatically by pressing "quick play" on the main menu. Last update introduced a bug which meant the game would just show a pixelated image, this should now be fixed. Also games should be a little bit less laggy.
Small room list improvementsThe room list can now be filtered by game type, and full or passworded rooms can be hidden. Also mouse aiming is now OFF by default.
Friend systemTiny Tanks now has a simple friend system. Click the star to the left of a players name to add them as a friend. When browsing the list of rooms, rooms which have one of your friends in will be shown in blue at the top of the list. Also the anti chat-flood system is now stricter: each time the message limit is reached, the amount of time you can't send any messages for gets 5 seconds longer.
Spawnkill protection and new explosionsIn order to prevent spawnkilling, you are now invulnerable for 1.5 seconds after you respawn. Also added a new tank explosion graphic.
Room list improvedYou can now see a list of players in a room, and the map being played, by hovering over the room in the room list.
Mouse aiming now on by defaultWelcome all new players! A few small changes have been made, including setting mouse aiming on by default. You can of course still turn it off.
Lots of updates!
Over the past few months there have been a huge number of new features, updates, and bug fixes.
- Powerups. Different ones work well in different situations. They still need a bit tweaking, particularly Heal which can result in drawn out stalemates. New ones will be added soon!
- Skins. For showing off how bad-ass you are.
- Music. Tiny Tanks finally has a decent soundtrack. It has taken me a long time to find something that goes well with the Tiny Tanks style.
- In game payments. Should you wish to, you can buy any any game item with real money. I'm very cautious about taking this too far, Tiny Tanks won't become 'pay to win', and all items will always be available with in game currency too.
- The biggest has to be the revamped coin system. It's been changed from the old system of being awarded coins for killing other players and winning games, to a random drop system. The main reason for this was in order to stop players from cheating by farming kills from each other, but it has other benefits too. You're no longer penalised for playing certain game styles which used to pay out less, such as Capture the Flag, and playing against bots will get you just as many coins as playing against human players. Plus you know it feels good when you find a massive number of coins. :)
- Kicking players has been given a much needed improvement - they can no longer simply rejoin your game.
- Capture the Flag maps can now be made in the map editor, and a new CTF map replaces the old one as the default map for this mode.
- Thanks to certain members of the community helping out by finding and reporting bugs, Tiny Tanks is far more stable and reliable now.
And finally some great news, I'm anticipating a huge surge in players in the coming weeks. Give them a warm welcome!
Significant performance increaseReleased a performance update which greatly reduces CPU load.
Better custom map browsingWhen browsing custom maps you can new view by highest rated this week and this month, in addition to throughout all time. Spawn positions are now also displayed in the preview thumbnail. Also when buying a new item it will automatically be equipped if you're in a game lobby.
Custom map searchingYou can now search for maps by their name or author when browsing custom levels.
Deathmatch and Capture the Flag!
Two new game modes have been added. In deathmatch you will respawn a few seconds after being killed, and the winner is the player or team who reaches the kill limit first. Capture the flag is self explanatory, get into the enemy teams base, get their flag and return it to your own base!
A few other bug fixes and improvements have been made, such as the game list displaying the type of aiming being used.
Few bugs fixedFixed a bug that would sometimes cause the game to crash, and a bug that caused your time trial medal to be incorrectly displayed.
The shop is live!
All items have now been locked and must be purchased with coins. If you've been playing during the shop beta you can use the coins you've already earned to buy a few things and get a head start.
A few other small updates, if you're in the tank shop within a game lobby, your ready status will be set as a red cross to indicate you're not ready, and also fixed a rare bug that would cause you to die with health still remaining.
New website!The website has had a much needed redesign. There are also now live statistics and a weekly leaderboard based on kills. Get yourself to the top!
Upgrades are now live! Your tank can be upgraded and customised to your liking. There are 9 new tank parts across three part slots - body, turret and barrel. Each part has a strength and a weakness, pick and match different parts to create your own tank!
For a short period of time all parts will be unlocked and accessible to everyone! This is so that some raw data can be collected on their effectiveness, and their stats can be balanced.
Afterwards, parts will have to be unlocked in exchange for coins. Coins are earned by getting kills, and by levelling up.
Bigger games, bots, level sharing!
The game now includes computer controlled players, of varying difficulty. They can play alongside human players in multiplayer games.
There's also a single player campaign against these bots, in matches that gradually increase in difficulty.
The level editor has been a great success and adds a lot of replayability. Until recently you could only play on custom levels that the lobby host had created himself. Now, you can easily upload your creations for the whole community to play on and rate! So far more than 200 custom levels have been uploaded!
Finally, the maximum number of players in a single game has been raised from 4 to 8. There are also a number of small improvements, such as the ability for a lobby host to kick players, and many bug fixes.
Level editor online!
Today the level editor was added to the game and is accessible from the main menu. It's fairly straight forward to use, and the in game help explains exactly how to use the editor.
When you save a map it is saved locally to your computer, and you can select it when you are hosting a game. Soon there'll be the ability to upload your creations to a central database of maps which anyone can play and rate.
Other updates include:
- Fixed bug causing a crash when trying to quit a game
- Fixed bug causing a newly registered users stats to not be updated in their first game
- Fixed bug that caused saved login info to be wiped with new updates
Fixed the crash
Fixed a serious error introduced in the latest update causing the game to crash after the second round.
User accounts and mouse aiming
A significant update has been released, the two biggest changes being user accounts and the addition of aiming with the mouse.
Getting an account means all of your statistics are tracked and can be compared with other players. The only things needed to set up an account are your chosen username and password. Achievements and global leaderboards for kills, round wins etc will be added soon.
Getting an account is optional, you can play as a guest to get right into it.
The option to aim with the mouse has also been added. This means your tanks turret will aim independently of your tank, directly at your mouse. Your tanks direction is controlled the same as before.
Other smaller updates:
- Fixed incorrect spawn position on level 8
- Added damage sound for when you get hit
- Added new tank explosion sound
- Fixed ping bars showing 1 bar briefly
- Fixed health info not being sent to people joining mid game
- Added new tank explosion sound
Tank damage and small improvements
- Sound effect and music mute buttons added to lobby
- Added WASD tank control
- Fixed bug causing controls to stick
- Fixed bug causing more than one instance of the music to play at once
- Added visible tank damage. Your tank will start to give off flames once your health drops below half, and burn more intensely as your health continues to drop. This should give a rough indication of other players health, without explicitly giving away how many more hits it will take to kill them.
Minor improvements and a new map!
The quality of each players connection is now shown in the lobby. 5 bars is a ping under 100ms, 4 bars is 100 to 200ms, 3 bars is 200 to 300ms, 2 bars is 300ms to 400ms, and 1 bar is anything over 400ms. The server browser has been improved slightly, with more games visible, and a new large map has been added.
All game rooms can now set a password so only players that know the password can join.
The first version of the trailer has been completed.